Major Activities of Ground Water Hydrology
- Organizing and conduct groundwater survey (both qualitative and quantitative) and sub-soil investigation.
- Provide technical guidance of all field groundwater data collection network and to ensure quality control.
- Conduct qualitative study for the optimum utilization of groundwater resources and provide guidelines to prepare hydro-geological and hydro-chemical reports.
- Collection of sediment samples for arsenic source detection.
- Conduct drilling works, aquifer pump tests, BM works, installation of observation wells, groundwater quality study, maintenance of rigs and other equipment.
- T steps for standardization and improvement of hydro-geological data (groundwater table, aquifer pump test, groundwater quality, exploratory boring log collection etc.).
- Co-ordinate the activities of different agencies and organizations involved in groundwater studies and render advise to groundwater planners and users.
- Review comments on papers and reports on groundwater resource utilization suggesting probable remedial measure etc..
About 1200 exploratory boring, groundwater level and water quality monitoring through 1900 observation wells (down to the depth of 350 m), 500 aquifer pump tests etc. has been conducted.